Premium2 468x60 forex
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 73
Like Tree46Likes

One More Holy Grail

This is a discussion on One More Holy Grail within the Trading tools forums, part of the Trading Forum category; The meaning of some of those indicators is the following: many traders are looking for top and bottom (to sell ...

          
   
  1. #11
    Administrator newdigital's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    9,918
    Blog Entries
    1650
    Follow newdigital On Twitter Add newdigital on Facebook Add newdigital on Google+ Add newdigital on MySpace
    Add newdigital on Linkedin
    The meaning of some of those indicators is the following:

    • many traders are looking for top and bottom (to sell on the top and to buy on the bottom)
    • other traders are talking that bottom does not exist: it is necessary to buy at high and sell at highest
    • some traders told that this top/bottom concept may work for stock market but it does not work in forex

    So ... some of those indicators are looking for top and bottom ... but we may see the other bottom after one bottom ... next bottom ...and the traders are talking that indicators are repainting ... but in reality - it is next bottom/top is coming ...

    Some traders are using those indicators.
    Premium Trading Forum: subscription, public discussion and latest news
    Trading Forum wiki || Social networks for the forum
    Trading blogs || My blog
    ePayments: premium subscription without paypal

  2. #12
    Developer igorad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    2,113
    Follow igorad On Twitter Add igorad on Facebook Add igorad on Google+
    Add igorad on Linkedin
    Hi,

    Please take a look at 2 ExFit oscillators: ExFit Stochastic and ExFit Fisher.

    Code:
    extern int     Length         =  25;   //Period of Smoothing
    extern int     Order          =   2;   //Fitting Order
    extern double  WeightFactor   =   2;   //WeightFactor(eg. 2-EMA,1-Wilder) 
    extern double  OverSold       =  30;   //OverSold Level
    extern double  OverBought     =  70;   //OverBought Level
    extern int     Window         = 500;   //Window size in bars
    One More Holy Grail-exfitstoch_1.png

    Regards,
    Igor
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Alex-162, daniel and koketso like this.

  3. #13
    Administrator newdigital's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    9,918
    Blog Entries
    1650
    Follow newdigital On Twitter Add newdigital on Facebook Add newdigital on Google+ Add newdigital on MySpace
    Add newdigital on Linkedin
    There are two articles related to Holy Grail in trading :


    The author (Kenneth Mann) understands Holy Grail in trading as Money Management, Risk Management, Trade Management, Order Management and so on which may be illustrated by the following images :

    One More Holy Grail-risk1.png



    One More Holy Grail-risk2.png



    One More Holy Grail-risk3.png
    Premium Trading Forum: subscription, public discussion and latest news
    Trading Forum wiki || Social networks for the forum
    Trading blogs || My blog
    ePayments: premium subscription without paypal

  4. #14
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    48
    Quote Originally Posted by igorad View Post
    Hi,

    Please take a look at 2 ExFit oscillators: ExFit Stochastic and ExFit Fisher.

    Code:
    extern int     Length         =  25;   //Period of Smoothing
    extern int     Order          =   2;   //Fitting Order
    extern double  WeightFactor   =   2;   //WeightFactor(eg. 2-EMA,1-Wilder) 
    extern double  OverSold       =  30;   //OverSold Level
    extern double  OverBought     =  70;   //OverBought Level
    extern int     Window         = 500;   //Window size in bars
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	exfitstoch_1.png 
Views:	1180 
Size:	51.5 KB 
ID:	5254

    Regards,
    Igor
    Hi Igor,

    In your chart pic you show exfit stoch with parameters at (4,14,1)... yet I cannot recreate that with the exfit stoch indi you shared... What am I missing?

    Thanks

    TCT

  5. #15
    Developer igorad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    2,113
    Follow igorad On Twitter Add igorad on Facebook Add igorad on Google+
    Add igorad on Linkedin
    Quote Originally Posted by TCT View Post
    Hi Igor,

    In your chart pic you show exfit stoch with parameters at (4,14,1)... yet I cannot recreate that with the exfit stoch indi you shared... What am I missing?

    Thanks

    TCT
    Hi TCT,

    I suppose you can use Length = 14 and Order = 1, other parameters are default.

    Regards,
    Igor

  6. #16
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    48
    Quote Originally Posted by igorad View Post
    Hi TCT,

    I suppose you can use Length = 14 and Order = 1, other parameters are default.

    Regards,
    Igor
    Hi Igor, Plz look at red arrow in subgraph... my parameters show (14,1)... your parameters show (4,14,1)... what is the "4"?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails One More Holy Grail-eurjpyh1.png  

  7. #17
    Developer igorad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    2,113
    Follow igorad On Twitter Add igorad on Facebook Add igorad on Google+
    Add igorad on Linkedin
    Quote Originally Posted by TCT View Post
    Hi Igor, Plz look at red arrow in subgraph... my parameters show (14,1)... your parameters show (4,14,1)... what is the "4"?
    I think it was the Price=4 in the previous version.
    TCT likes this.

  8. #18
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by igorad View Post
    I think it was the Price=4 in the previous version.
    Igor

    I didn't find previous version, would you please point out where is that indicator located ?

    Thanks
    secretcode

  9. #19
    Developer igorad's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    2,113
    Follow igorad On Twitter Add igorad on Facebook Add igorad on Google+
    Add igorad on Linkedin
    Quote Originally Posted by secretcode View Post
    Igor

    I didn't find previous version, would you please point out where is that indicator located ?

    Thanks
    secretcode
    Hi secretcode,

    Sorry but it was a very preliminary version of the ExFit Stoch.

    Regards,
    Igor

  10. #20
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by igorad View Post
    Hi secretcode,

    Sorry but it was a very preliminary version of the ExFit Stoch.

    Regards,
    Igor
    Thanks Igor for reply

    Best Regards
    secretcode

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

LinkBacks (?)


Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •