Premium1 468x60 forex
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 42
Like Tree14Likes

Investing.com Economic Calendar

This is a discussion on Investing.com Economic Calendar within the Trading tools forums, part of the Trading Forum category; Originally Posted by forevermaat So the file is downloaded only once a week only, or is it overwritten every day ...

      
   
  1. #31
    Administrator newdigital's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    10,009
    Blog Entries
    2090
    Follow newdigital On Twitter Add newdigital on Facebook Add newdigital on Google+ Add newdigital on MySpace
    Add newdigital on Linkedin
    Quote Originally Posted by forevermaat View Post
    So the file is downloaded only once a week only, or is it overwritten every day or every x hours? Sometimes the events change, even in the middle of the week?

    ...
    I found it in indicators' settings:

    It is 120 seconds by default (and we can change it)

    Investing.com Economic Calendar-pause1.png


    ---------------

    By the way - I am not a coder of this indicator (Igorad is the coder).
    I mean - you can check everything by yourself.
    Premium Trading Forum: subscription, public discussion and latest news
    Trading Forum wiki || Social networks for the forum
    Trading blogs || My blog

  2. #32
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    42
    Hi Igor

    Could you please have a look at this issue? Getting error (invalid format) since the begining of this week.


    Investing.com Economic Calendar-2020-04-06-21_35_52-alert.png

    or the problem is something else?

    regards
    rockfish

  3. #33
    Administrator newdigital's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    10,009
    Blog Entries
    2090
    Follow newdigital On Twitter Add newdigital on Facebook Add newdigital on Google+ Add newdigital on MySpace
    Add newdigital on Linkedin
    Quote Originally Posted by rockfish View Post
    Hi Igor

    Could you please have a look at this issue? Getting error (invalid format) since the begining of this week.
    ..
    or the problem is something else?

    regards
    rockfish
    I do not have any problem with this calendar indicator now.

    This is for MT4 -

    Investing.com Economic Calendar-eurusd-h1-alpari-international.png


    This is for MT5 -

    Investing.com Economic Calendar-eurusd-h1-fx-choice-limited.png


    and this is EA trading this calendar (MT4) -

    Investing.com Economic Calendar-eurusd-m5-alpari-international.png

    ----------------
    You can go to MQL4 folder - Files - Investing.com News
    and delete the latest CSV file from this week, and after that - attach indicator to the chart and this indicator will create new file.

    I am not sure that it works but I am always using this way for fixing "invalid format issue".

    If it does not work so I may ask Igorad to look at this indicator or format or any.
    Premium Trading Forum: subscription, public discussion and latest news
    Trading Forum wiki || Social networks for the forum
    Trading blogs || My blog

  4. #34
    Administrator newdigital's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    10,009
    Blog Entries
    2090
    Follow newdigital On Twitter Add newdigital on Facebook Add newdigital on Google+ Add newdigital on MySpace
    Add newdigital on Linkedin
    Quote Originally Posted by newdigital View Post
    ...
    You can go to MQL4 folder - Files - Investing.com News
    and delete the latest CSV file from this week, and after that - attach indicator to the chart and this indicator will create new file.

    I am not sure that it works but I am always using this way for fixing "invalid format issue".

    If it does not work so I may ask Igorad to look at this indicator or format or any.
    I checked once again (by deleted files to get new files with possible new format) - it works for me.
    Premium Trading Forum: subscription, public discussion and latest news
    Trading Forum wiki || Social networks for the forum
    Trading blogs || My blog

  5. #35
    Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    42
    Quote Originally Posted by newdigital View Post
    I checked once again (by deleted files to get new files with possible new format) - it works for me.
    Hi ND

    Thanks for the lead. It didn't work for me even after cleaning up the logs but I decided to wait and see. This week, it is back to normal and works as usual as you said.

    Thank you

    regards
    rockfsih

  6. #36
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    32
    Hi there, do you guys know why it is missing information on the news indicator? It is only showing the "previous" value. The "forecast" column is not there, and the "actual" value, well, there is not even space for it , it seems. In half an hour there is a news event, I will check if it will update the indi with the actual value, but still, it is missing the "forecast". I can see anything in the options regarding to those parameters.

    Best regardsInvesting.com Economic Calendar-news-indi-missing-info.jpg

  7. #37
    Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2018
    Posts
    32
    So news came out, indi updated with "actual" value, but it did not color the vale based on "better or worse". Also, the forecast value column is really missing.

    Investing.com Economic Calendar-news-indi-missing-info-2.jpg

  8. #38
    Administrator newdigital's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    10,009
    Blog Entries
    2090
    Follow newdigital On Twitter Add newdigital on Facebook Add newdigital on Google+ Add newdigital on MySpace
    Add newdigital on Linkedin
    Quote Originally Posted by logicgate View Post
    Hi there, do you guys know why it is missing information on the news indicator? It is only showing the "previous" value. The "forecast" column is not there, and the "actual" value, well, there is not even space for it , it seems. In half an hour there is a news event, I will check if it will update the indi with the actual value, but still, it is missing the "forecast". I can see anything in the options regarding to those parameters.

    ...
    News Max Length should be increased from 27 by default to 30 or 40 (because some text for the news events are having big length).
    Or use smaller font size in the settings.

    It is because some text for some news are having big length today (I did not see this issue on the other days).

    Investing.com Economic Calendar-eurusd-m5-alpari.png


    Investing.com Economic Calendar-eurusd-m5-alpari-2.png
    logicgate likes this.
    Premium Trading Forum: subscription, public discussion and latest news
    Trading Forum wiki || Social networks for the forum
    Trading blogs || My blog

  9. #39
    Administrator newdigital's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    10,009
    Blog Entries
    2090
    Follow newdigital On Twitter Add newdigital on Facebook Add newdigital on Google+ Add newdigital on MySpace
    Add newdigital on Linkedin
    This is example for today with high impacted news events only (text for news events is having the normal length):

    Investing.com Economic Calendar-h1.png


    Investing.com Economic Calendar-eurusdm5.png
    logicgate likes this.
    Premium Trading Forum: subscription, public discussion and latest news
    Trading Forum wiki || Social networks for the forum
    Trading blogs || My blog

  10. #40
    Administrator newdigital's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    10,009
    Blog Entries
    2090
    Follow newdigital On Twitter Add newdigital on Facebook Add newdigital on Google+ Add newdigital on MySpace
    Add newdigital on Linkedin
    Quote Originally Posted by logicgate View Post
    So news came out, indi updated with "actual" value, but it did not color the vale based on "better or worse". Also, the forecast value column is really missing.

    ...
    "better or worse" is related to "better than forecast" or "worse than forecast".
    but if forecast value does not exist for some news events so - no coloring.
    you can check investing.com calendar for example (same coloring comparing to forecast): https://www.investing.com/economic-calendar/
    logicgate likes this.
    Premium Trading Forum: subscription, public discussion and latest news
    Trading Forum wiki || Social networks for the forum
    Trading blogs || My blog

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •