EUR/USD had a positive week, taking advantage of the Fedís dovish hike and the favorable outcome of the Dutch elections. Whatís next?
- German PPI: Monday, 7:00. A more moderate rate of 0.4% is on the cards.
- Bundesbank Monthly Report: Monday, 11:00.
- Jens Weidmann talks: Monday, 16:45. The president of the German central bank, the Bundesbank, speaks in Loerrach and his speech carries more weight this time.
- Current Account: Wednesday,
EUR/USD managed to edge up as the ECB expressed some cautious optimism. Another appearance by Draghi as well as inflation and trade figures stand out in the upcoming week.
- Mario Draghi talks: Monday, 13:30. The President of the ECB has another opportunity to move the euro.
- German CPI (final): Tuesday, 7:00.
- German ZEW Economic Sentiment: Tuesday, 10:00. The all-European figure stood at 17.1 points last time and is expected to hit
The US dollar ended the week on the back foot despite the upcoming rate hike. Apart from the Fed decision, we have rate decisions also in the UK and Japan, US consumer confidence and housing data, and lots more. These are the main events on forex calendar for this week.
- US Producer Prices: Tuesday, 12:30. Producer prices are expected to rise 0.1% this time.
- UK jobs report: Wednesday, 9:30. The number of new unemployed in the UK is
EUR/USD struggled but eventually chose the lower end of the range, due to USD strength. Will it totally break down or drift back up? The big event of the week is undoubtedly the ECB decision, which also consists of new forecasts.
- Retail PMI: Monday, 9:10.
- Sentix Investor Confidence: Monday, 9:30.
- German Factory Orders: Tuesday, 7:00. The volatile indicator is not likely to repeat the big bounce.
- GDP (revised): Tuesday, 10:00.
Rate decision in Australia and the Eurozone, Employment data from Canada and the US including the ADP report followed by the all-important NFP release.
- Australian rate decision: Tuesday, 3:30. The RBA monitors the recent increase in lending to property investors and further data about the economyís performance to determine its next move.
- US ADP Non-Farm Employment Change: Wednesday, 13:15.
- US Crude Oil Inventories: Wednesday, 15:30.
1 Currently Held Trophies
Points for Threads
Trophy Last Earned on 07-16-2016 09:56 PM
Held 1 Time(s)
0 Previously Held Trophies