The US dollar was on the back foot due to the Fed’s “dovish hike”. Will the downfall continue? UK inflation data, Yellen’s speech and Durable goods orders are the major events on forex calendar.
- UK inflation data: Tuesday, 9:30. UK CPI is expected to rise further to 2.1% this time.
- US Crude Oil Inventories: Wednesday, 14:30.
- New Zealand rate decision: Wednesday, 20:00. The Reserve Bank of New Zealand maintained its Official Cash Rate unchanged at 1.75% in February.
- US Unemployment Claims: Thursday, 12:30. The number of new claims is expected to be 240,000 this week.
- Janet Yellen speaks: Thursday, 13:45. Federal Reserve Chair Janet Yellen will speak in in Washington DC.
- US Durable Goods Orders: Friday, 12:30. Orders for long lasting products are expected to gain .1%, while core orders are estimated to rise by 0.5% in February.